Tuesday 28 August 2012

Serendipity rules, OK!


On the eve of the Paralympics, I meet three chair-bound American ladies from Florida, two of whom were former Paralympians. What are the odds? And I'm not a big fat fibber neither. I met them because I offered iced water to their two dogs. It was only later when they decided  very Golden Girls like  that they would 'commandeer' me, ostensibly to thank me and then get the gist on where they should go and how to get there.

Two of the ladies went back to their hotel to bed-down the dogs leaving 68 years-young Ruth Rosenbaum (former Table Tennis champ) to chew the fat and swallow a half-glass of chardonnay with me. It was then that I learned part of her history. The Atlanta Games jacket should have given the game away, but I only saw it when she explained who she was. And isn't that part of the bigger perception problem?

These ladies have been trying to get tickets. They leave for the next leg of their cruise on Friday. Can anyone help? I have a number for them. If you can, please do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment