Friday 21 June 2013

The perfect contrast

Wonderful Charlie Chaplin performer on the Southbank, London, today.
 
 
He says nothing but conveys everything and I say too much, by which I mean that I say what others won't. I'm famous for it. It's both a virtue and an inhibitor. I don't set out to be contrary or difficult, it's just my nature. I can't and won't say that black is white when it so obviously isn't. I just can't. Beware the monoculture. You know, when someone, somewhere says, "you're just what we need but you won't fit in" because what they mean is you won't tow the line. So don't take that to heart. Don't think that it's you, because it is most definitely them. Ask yourself, do you really want to work for someone who needs to have that degree of control over you? I don't. If only I had a penny for every occasion that someone had said that to me.
 
If you have any sense, you recruit people for what they can add, not what they can replicate. So beware. That should be your barometer...always.
 
I am what I am.
I can't be anything or anyone else. What I am is why I can do what I can do. That applies to you too.
 
Won't. Can't. Shan't.

No comments:

Post a Comment