Friday 4 October 2013

This banking thing is out of proportion two.

In the dark days before the National Lottery we had other things to waste our money on. The pools for one, the gee-gee's for another, one-armed bandits and my personal fave, Spot the Ball, in which one had to mark an 'x' where you thought the ball was on a shot from a football match or indeed another sporting occasion.


Pre-digital entertainment. Eat your heart out, Grand Theft Auto.

I've created a design and branding-based modern day variant. I give you, Spot the Signage. Dah-da!

TSB at the junction of Holborn and Southampton Row.
 
Yes, it's the newly rebranded TSB again. Now don't get the wrong idea, I don't have it in for them. They didn't diddle me out of my pocket money when I was a nipper, thus seriously curtailing my ability to buy copies of Whizzer and Chips, or scoff myself silly on Aztec bars. No. I'm wondering why the signage is so hopelessly out of proportion to the building it's sitting on. Obviously some twonk has ordered standard sized signage and used it willy-nilly and it looks ridiculous. If this is their idea of budgeting then it's a false economy, because they'll end up doing it again.
 
Tut, tut! less than a month old and already such a checkered history.
 

1 comment:

  1. Then well have to stay disagreed, Richard. For me it's far too small. And a world where only brass plates were allowed would not only be dull beyond reason, it would see me buying parchment and quills and the The Sun changing its name to the 50 pence Dereadful...which it is. Lol!

    ReplyDelete