Monday 8 July 2013

I refer you to...

"Content is king." As resonant as 'Put a Tiger in Your Tank.'
'Have a break, have a Kit-Kat.' 'We're only here for the beer.' And so on. I think we've got it. Some of us got it long before others. But I refer you to the fact that a lot of people here (and elsewhere) on LinkedIn who keep telling us that this is very, very important, don't actually create any content. They just point us in the direction of content created by others and this is quite often contrary to the nature of their titles and their 'areas of expertise'.

I think that there are two kinds of contributors.

I think I would say that your ability to check databases, You Tube, and other professional sites does not make you a savant. Boys and girls. You cannot expound the importance of content if you do not create it.

So why don't they?

I wonder why that is?

I think we know.
And I am far from being the only one who has noticed.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps they think, "The Medium is the Message"? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps. Or perhaps they don't really have anything to say. What did you delete?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having anything to say seldom stops me (as you're finding out). ;) I deleted the comment and copied it since I failed to tic the "Notify Me" option.

      Delete
    2. Ha! Welcome to my senior moment club.

      Delete